Welcome to the Occasional Gourmand.




Hello everyone and welcome to the Occasional Gourmand, where I will (occasionally, well its in the header of the blog in any event) talk and post about all things food.

Growing up in a environment whereby food is usually the main talk of the table, Grandma being a fantastic chef, my Uncle is a trained chef and the most of my relatives on my Mum's side are hawkers, appreciation of food easily became part of who I am. However, it was only after living alone in England doing my law degree, where I truly appreciate food.

Being the only Asian from Asia (Malaysia) in my flat unit, I was always asked what Malaysian food really is. So a culinary soul searching was necessary as explaining it was such a titanic task. And it still is to this day. Food is more than just for survival but it is a gateway to someone's way of life and experiencing food is just as essential as living itself.

I truly believe flavour is a language that needs no translation and eating well is necessary for good living. After all, Gordon Ramsay did quote that "you have got to eat, might as well eat well" in an F Word episode.


Thank you for your time and do enjoy your stay here.



Comments

Weekly Top Rankings